Sunday, March 22, 2009

ATCs, ACEOs and Art




I make Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) & ACEOs. They are the size of regular playing cards. Sombody in a Scandinavian country started them a few years back.They can be made of any material with any media, but they MUST be 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Many ATCs are traded for free. I haven't had time to trade any, but I would be willing to try it. I have sold some on-line at etsy.com.Sometimes I pick up old poker decks at yard sales or flea markets. I cover them with a few layers of gesso, then I draw on them with ink. Sometimes I scratch the ink off to let the card colors show through.Most ATCs are one of a kind cards or limited editions. Cards printed in open editions are called ACEOs (Artists Card Open Edition). I know part of that is backwards, but what are you gonna do?... That's just the way it is.If you want to know more about ATCs, ACEOs, or art in general, just holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment